Let me ask you a simple question, have you ever felt defeated? Now I don’t know about you, but I can tell you a few things about feeling defeated. Defeated in my relationship with my husband when things didn’t work out “the way I planned”; defeated in my professional life when that venture “didn’t work out the way I planned”; defeated emotionally and mentally when life is so overwhelming that I can’t take “it” anymore; defeated when my past has catches up with me and I have to face it. AND let’s not talk about my financial defeats!! Did I say that??? Yeah, I guess I did~
But guess what! As many times I stared defeat in its face, I’ve also experienced the power of Comeback and the SWEET feeling of Victory. It’s transformational and uplifting to know that if you fall down, you don’t have to stay down.
If you or anyone you know is feeling defeated on any level-I share powerful tips in this video and more on the blog on how to make an AMAZING Breakthrough, strengthen and rely on yourself for a Sweet Comeback!
1. Re-Define Defeat-what we may define as a defeat may be actually a pause, redirect, an opportunity to gain a new perspective
2. Forgiveness- helps us to clear the residue left behind from defeat. Defeat has a way of leaving us feeling angry, hurt and stuck. But we rise when we are able to release, let go and shine brighter.
3. Trust Yourself- When we go off our path, we often wonder how did we get there, why did it happen to us, what did we do wrong, ultimately losing trust in ourselves. Regain your sense of trust, listen to your intuitive, rebuild your relationship with Self. Trust that your experience has bought you lessons and with those lessons learned, you now have greater wisdom.
4. Surround yourself with Supportive people- They will stand for you when you feel like you can’t stand for yourself. They will encourage and support you to reach farther and go harder. Have cheerleaders and accountability partners that have done more than you so they can support you through the rough times and guide you to greater success.
5. Make a Plan-where do you want to go? When we are not laser focused on our goals, we fall off of our path. Lay out a direction for yourself, let your mind zoom in on what’s important to you and give it a path to follow.
6. Stay in the GAME! Don’t give up and don’t give in. Defeats don’t last forever and they are not here to wipe you out! Get the lesson learned and keep moving forward.
LaTalya Palmer-Lewis is passionate about helping women get UNSTUCK in life so they can live the life they were meant to live. Her inspiration and passion comes from overcoming her childhood experiences of surviving sexual abuse, witnessing domestic violence and living off of generational welfare.
At the age of 20 with her 1st child in her arms, she walked out of the welfare office vowing to never return and made a silent commitment to support other women release the shackles of fear, lack and limitation. She made a commitment to help other women get UNSTUCK and take the Steering Wheel of their Life.
She is now a wife, mother of 4, Life Coach and Speaker.
LaTalya loves spending time nurturing and grooming her children for success and using the skills she’s learned to help empower their lives as well.
At her blog she shares information on topics like how to get unstuck in finances, relationships and in your career or business. She gives tips on how to identify your unique strengths and gifts and how to maximize their potential in your life.
LaTalya posts weekly to her empowerment blog and offers a free report called “How to Get Unstuck, 5 Simple Steps to Unleashing the Life You Were Meant to Live”, weekly email tips on empowering your life and much more.